General Product Description:
Seagrass’s SeaCarotene® is a powder extract of Red Marine Micro Algae Dunaliella Salina. Our Dunaliella salina (DS) extract contains a rich mixture of natural dietary carotenoids, including high quantities of antioxidant beta- carotene, a deep orange-red pigment and vast spectrum of other healthy phytonutrients.
- 100% Pure Certified DS Biomass Powder
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Vegan – No animal inputs used in cultivation.
- Non-GMO, Gluten-free, Gelatin-free
- Non- Irradiation
- Richest Natural Source of Dietary Carotenoids, (Beta-Carotene, Alpha Carotene, Cryptoxanthin, Zeaxanthin, Lutein & Lycopene)
- Highly safe ( Low PAH, Low Heavy metals)
- Safety grading (Pathogen Free, Toxins Free, Free from PAH, PCBS, Dioxins, and Allergen Free.
- Supports the bodys’natural detoxification
- Supports energy production and vitality
- Supports healthy skin and eyes
- Helps to maintain healthy immune system
- Supports healthy ageing
- Protect against free radical damage
- Excellent Source of Minerals and Trace Elements
Why SeaCarotene® ?
- Cultivated using a sustainable eco friendly technology.
- Provide excellent nutrition content with highest quality.
- Standardized to 5% minimum Beta-Carotene
- Readily Bioavailable
- Human health dietary supplements, suitable for tablets, capsules and dry powder mixes
- Pigments and dyes
- Functional and superfood blends
- Nutrient-rich animal feed
Our SeaCarotene Source: Red Marine Micro-algae phytoplankton
What is Dunaliella Salina?
Dunaliella salina red marine phytoplankton microalgae is a single celled plant organism. This class of organism forms the basis of all other life forms on earth and has the ability to convert sunlight, warmth, water and minerals into protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and amino acids. On a gram for gram basis, it is arguably the most concentrated, nutrient rich food source on earth. It sits at the bottom of the food chain. Under the right conditions, Dunaliella salina produces extremely high quantities of beta and alpha carotene, deep or- ange-red nutrient pigments. This combination of antioxidant nutrients, known as carotenoids, gives Dunaliella salina its distinctive orange-red colour.
Richest Nutrient Profile
Our SeaCarotene biomass is made from whole dried Dunaliella salina, a superfood rich in a spectrum of nutrients important in daily life, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, chlorophyll and other important nutrients.
Powerful Antioxidant Carotenoids
Dunaliella salina is nature’s richest source of dietary beta-carotene and mixed carotenoids. Dunaliella salina contains a potent mixture of important carotenoids, includ- ing: betacarotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin. Carotenoids are naturally found in fruits and vegetables and considered one of the most important daily nutrients for people to consume every day. Research shows that carotenoids have antioxi-dant and immune supporting properties. They help to protect against free radical cell damage responsible for premature ageing. The antioxidants found in Dunaliella salina can help promote healthy eyes and assist in the improvement and maintenance of general well being.
Dunaliella salina is exceptionally rich in electrolyte minerals. It contains a full array of nutrient minerals including: magnesium – vital for healthy cellular metabolism, energy, nerve and muscle function; selenium – a powerful antioxidant that aids in detoxification and immune health; lithium – required in brain function; and boron – contributes to healthy bones.
Dunaliella salina contains a range of nutrients including vitamin E, cobalamin (vitamin B12) and pro-vitamin A. Vitamin A plays an essential role in vision, growth, reproduction and regulation of the immune system. It also helps maintain the health and integrity of the skin and mucous membranes.
Dunaliella salina has a high content of useable protein (amino acids). Amino acids are the basic building materials of life, required for the synthesis of muscles, skin and connective tissues, hormones, enzymes and neurotransmitters.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs)
Dunaliella salina contains EFAs, highly concentrated unsaturated lipids that may help; reduce cholesterol and fat levels in the blood, prevent heart disease, reduce inflammation in arthritis and support brain function. These lipids, including Omega 3, Omega 6, Linoleic Acid and Alpha Linoleic Acid are essential for the absorption of carotenoids, vitamin E and other fat soluble nutrients.
Dunaliella salina is rich in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is believed to be a powerful cleansing agent that may increase the body’s elimination of harmful toxins.
Benefits of Dunaliella salina vs Spirulina and Chlorella
Dunaliella salina is one of nature’s richest sources of dietary carotenoid antioxidants that contains over 10 times the magnesium and beta-carotene content than spirulina.
Beta-Carotene: A Nutraceutical from Extreme Algae
What is Beta Carotene?
Beta-carotene, the most common form of carotene, is an important organic compound de- rived in abundance from fruits and vegetables. There are ten types of carotenes that are synthesized by plants, but alpha and beta carotene are the only types that the human body can use as a precursor to Vitamin A. And within the hundreds of types of carotenoids cre- ated by plants, only 10% give us the important provitamin form of vitamin A carotenoid.
Beta carotene is further typified as a terpenoid, a kind of red to yellowish-orange pigment required for the production of vitamin A (retinol) in the body. In order for us to have healthy eyes, skin, and an optimally functioning heart, the body needs Vitamin A, and the beta-carotene that supports its productions. What is more, beta-carotene is another form of anti-inflammatory and free-radical-fighting antioxidant. It is from these antioxidant capacities that beta carotene aids in stopping harmful cancerous tumor growth.
Beta-carotene (9-cis and all-trans)
Dunaliella salina contains the important 9-cis beta-carotene isomer, one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. It also contains the important all-trans beta-carotene isomer, a special pro-vitamin A nutrient that can be converted to retinol (vitamin A) in the body as required, thus making Dunaliella salina a great natural source of safe, non-toxic vitamin A.
Natural vs synthetic beta-carotene
- Synthetic beta-carotene contains only the alltrans beta-carotene isomer.
- Human clinical studies show that natural dietary beta-carotene reduces the risk of certain
- Diseases, whereas synthetic supplemental beta-carotene does not.
Mechanisms of Action in Beta Carotene
Beta carotene is a fat soluble (lipophilic) hydrocarbon that is naturally synthesized by plants. It is converted into retinol in the human body. Beta carotene may act to inhibit changes cellular modulation and cell cycle regulatory proteins, alterations in insulin like growth factor 1. These processes stop a cell from changing into a cancerous growth by preventing the process of oxidative DNA damage. What is more, this hydrocarbon antioxidant can induce glutathione production in our cells, a process which also increases antioxidant activity. Beta carotene may also increase the amount and functioning of cancer fighting enzymes in the cells. Beta carotene also stimulates increased levels of T-helper lymphocytes, (NK) cell cytotoxicity (a natural form of cancer-killing cells), as well as macrophage action.
Health Benefits of Beta Carotene
The health benefits of this vitamin A precursor are numerous. The following highlights some of the most important and effective benefits that the antioxidant may provide:
- May prevent night blindness
- May prevent skin disorders
- Acts as a natural immune system booster
- Protects the body against cancer
- Reduces chances of developing colds, flu, and infections
- Has important protective mechanisms for the formation of bones and teeth
- May reduce the chances of developing lupus
- May ease the symptoms of arthritis
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant
- May treat or prevent heart disease
- May in treatment and prevention of cataracts, as well as macular degeneration.